What is an Endowment Plan?
An endowment insurance policy is a type of life insurance policy with an insurance cover and savings benefit. According to the policy, the policyholder can save a particular amount regularly and get a lump sum amount when the set period matures. The amount can be used for post requirement expenses, a child’s education and other personal commitments such as buying a house or car. If the policyholder dies due to an uncertain incident, the family members will get the sum assured for handling their financial requirements in the future. Therefore, this type of plan will certainly ensure dual benefits.
When should you buy an Endowment Plan?
The best time to invest in an endowment savings plan is when you are younger, probably as soon as you start your career. It is only at that stage; you can get maximum benefits from the plan. Let us go through these benefits:
1. There are two types of Endowment Plans, namely Profit and Non - Profit. Profit Plans ensure a fixed sum assured on maturity and bonuses declared by the Company during the entire tenure. When you start investing early, you can accumulate large amounts of such bonuses. The Non – Profit Plan does not receive any portion of the bonuses.
2. The payout for these plans will be higher in terms of returns, and your family will be able to manage their financial commitments later in your absence.
3. When you start early, before you plan other personal commitments, you can always allot a regular premium amount and get used to paying it. You can afford to invest regularly, like monthly, quarterly or yearly.
4. Under Section 80C and Section 10D of the Income Tax Act 1961, you can get tax deductions and exemptions, respectively. Investing early will ensure better tax benefits.
5. You can choose to consider different premium rates before you start the regular payments. It should be consistent and affordable throughout the investment tenure.
6. As the plans are featured as long term, the longer the policy tenure, the better is the overall profit advantage.
Endowment Plans are thus important and should be availed at early stages in your life to ensure a considerable lump sum amount for your family’s financial security, tax savings, and a corpus amount over a long period. You can get disciplined at saving and investing better. There are many different types of Endowment Plans. You can choose to add as many riders like accidental death, disability, critical illness etc. If there is financial inconsistency in getting your salary regularly or there is no steady flow in your income, you can always opt for a flexible premium option. However, investing regularly will help you get better long-term benefits. Decide on your financial goals, affordable budget and risk factors before considering the best endowment plan. Always opt for a plan that is easy to understand and with no complicated features. There are options to avail such policies online without any difficulties. If there is a safe and definite way to investing, it is the Endowment Plan.
To know more about term plan, term insurance, long term savings & retirement plan visit PNB MetLife website.
The aforesaid article presents the view of an independent writer who is an expert on financial and insurance matters. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. doesn’t influence or support views of the writer of the article in any way. The article is informative in nature and PNB MetLife and/ or the writer of the article shall not be responsible for any direct/ indirect loss or liability or medical complications incurred by the reader for taking any decisions based on the contents and information given in article. Please consult your financial advisor/ insurance advisor/ health advisor before making any decision.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited
Registered office address: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka
IRDAI Registration number 117 | CIN U66010KA2001PLC028883
For more details on risk factors, please read the sales brochure and the terms and conditions of the policy, carefully before concluding the sale.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) shall be levied as per prevailing tax laws which are subject to change from time to time.
The marks "PNB" and "MetLife" are registered trademarks of Punjab National Bank and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, respectively. PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited is a licensed user of these marks.
Call us Toll-free at 1-800-425-6969, Phone: 080-66006969, Website: www.pnbmetlife.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Write to us: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062, Maharashtra. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203.
Beware of Spurious Phone Calls and Fictitious / Fraudulent Offers!
IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling insurance policies, announcing bonus or investments of premium. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.