![if IE]> <![endif]>Skip Navigation Skip Navigation
The joy of getting accepted at an international university is incomparable. Studying abroad can open doors to innumerable possibilities. Most parents spend a lot of time finding the right college and home, booking tickets, and calculating the expenses of education. But they tend to overlook one of the most crucial aspects of their child’s stay abroad – health insurance. Health insurance for children studying abroad is not only crucial but also mandatory for many universities.
If you are looking to buy a health insurance or mediclaim insurance policy for your child, here are some things to know:
- Check if the university accepts the health insurance plan: Every country has specific rules when it comes to health insurance for children. Some visas require mandatory health insurance while others do not. Sometimes the visa would not mandate a health plan, but the school may ask for one. Make sure to check the rules and regulations of the university and the country your child is going to study in. You can also talk to the school advisor and ask them if they accept the plan that you are thinking of buying, so you do not end up spending money on the wrong plan.
- Look for a plan that offers cashless hospitalisation: Since your child will be all alone with a limited amount of money, it may be wise to buy a plan that offers cashless hospitalisation. With this feature, your child can go to any network hospital and get treatment without having to pay for it out of their pocket. Cashless hospitalisation policies offer better flexibility along with added convenience.
- Buy a plan that covers travel: Good health insurance plans cover travels too. This keeps your child covered when they are traveling from one country to another during college breaks. Make sure to look for this feature when purchasing a health insurance plan for your child.
- Pay attention to the inclusions and exclusions: Different plans may offer different features. For instance, some plans may or not may include dental treatments, cosmetic procedures, etc. It is advisable to purchase a plan that includes varied types of treatments so that your child is fully protected at all times. Remember to carefully read the policy document's exclusions and inclusions list to avoid unwanted surprises later.
- Look for auto-renewals and extensions: Auto-renewals ensure that your policy renews automatically for the next semester. This way, the policy does not expire, and your child continues to stay protected. Long-term health insurance plans are useful if the child decides to extend their stay in a foreign country. This can be a helpful feature and save you from the hassles of buying a new plan.
- Look for a trustworthy insurance provider: Your child will be living in an unfamiliar country all by themselves. Hence, you can leave no scope for error when it comes to their protection and security. A mediclaim policy can help your child in some of the most trying times of their life. Hence, it is essential to purchase a plan from a reputable and trustworthy insurance company. Compare different plans before you pick one with the best features. Go through online reviews and feedback to be sure of the insurer’s services. You should also look at the claim settlement ratio of the insurance company. The higher the ratio, the more reliable is the insurer.
To sum it up
Sending your child to study abroad can be a rollercoaster of emotions. On the one hand, you feel happy and proud of their accomplishments, and on the other hand, you constantly worry for their safety. Health insurance for children can help reduce some of this fear by keeping your loved ones financially safe from any medical emergencies.
PNB MetLife can be a solution for all your insurance needs. Explore our range of plans and keep your loved ones financially secured always!
Know more about term plan and term insurance and life insurance at PNB MetLife.
Whether you are trying to lose weight or making a shift towards a healthy life, understanding your BMI (Body Mass Index) is one of the first necessary steps you can make. The BMI calculator can indicate your body’s fat content based on your weight and height. Once you have a clear view of this, you can go through different health insurance plans on the PNB website and secure your future financially against the growing healthcare costs.
The aforesaid article presents the view of an independent writer who is an expert on financial and insurance matters. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. doesn’t influence or support views of the writer of the article in any way. The article is informative in nature and PNB MetLife and/ or the writer of the article shall not be responsible for any direct/ indirect loss or liability or medical complications incurred by the reader for taking any decisions based on the contents and information given in article. Please consult your financial advisor/ insurance advisor/ health advisor before making any decision.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited
Registered office address: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka
IRDAI Registration number 117 | CIN U66010KA2001PLC028883
For more details on risk factors, please read the sales brochure and the terms and conditions of the policy, carefully before concluding the sale.
Tax benefits are as per the Income Tax Act, 1961, & are subject to amendments made thereto from time to time.
Please consult your tax consultant for more details.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) shall be levied as per prevailing tax laws which are subject to change from time to time.
The marks "PNB" and "MetLife" are registered trademarks of Punjab National Bank and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, respectively. PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited is a licensed user of these marks.
Call us Toll-free at 1-800-425-6969, Phone: 080-66006969, Website: www.pnbmetlife.com, Email: email@example.com or Write to us: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062, Maharashtra. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203.
Beware of Spurious Phone Calls and Fictitious / Fraudulent Offers!
IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling insurance policies, announcing bonus or investments of premium. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.
Here Are Six Preventive Measures Against Diabetes for Women and To-Be Moms...
If you are planning to buy a health insurance policy, there are a variety of plans available. The health insurance coverage offered by them and the...
Cancer is an expensive disease to treat and manage. Aside from the emotional turmoil it brings with it, this master of all maladies is nearly alway...
Disclaimer: . The aforesaid article presents the view of an independent writer who is an expert ...
As your trusted life insurance partner, PNB MetLife is with you amidst the current COVID-19 outbreak. Our policies also cover COVID-19 Claims. In case of a Death Claim, kindly submit the signed Claim Intimation Letter mentioning the policy number, brief of the insured event and other claim documents on the email mentioned herewith. Please write-in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also call us on 1800-425-6969 for death claims intimations and for any queries on Monday - Saturday between 10:00 am - 7:00 pm.
PNB MetLife Insurance, amongst the trusted Life Insurance companies in India, aims to provide a wide range of Life Insurance products that suits the needs of an individual at every stage of his life. Life Insurance Plans range from Term Life Insurance Plans, Term Plan, Protection Plans, Long Term Savings Plans , Retirement Plans & Child Education Plan.