Mumbai: PNB MetLife, one of the top 10 private life insurance companies in India, launched two programs in Pune under its CSR initiative – Damini, which supports and empowers the girl child in her journey to womanhood.
- Provides financial support to the Paraplegic Rehabilitation Center – the largest institution in India for Battle Casualties from Indian Army.
- Partners with Covenant Social Services for Stop Saram initiative to prevent sexual abuse and harassment among children.
The Company has joined hands with Paraplegic Rehabilitation Center – the largest institution in India for Battle Casualties from Indian Army. Under this initiative, the Company will provide financial assistance to the Para Badminton players participating in National and International tournaments. Apart from that this, PNB MetLife is also providing financial assistance to daughters of two paraplegic soldiers, for their MBA course from Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune.
PNB MetLife has also partnered with Covenant Social Services to launch Stop SARAM (Sexual Abuse Rape and Molestation) initiative, an awareness program to prevent sexual harassment and abuse among children. This initiative aims to sensitize the young minds through sessions by trained personnel, on a basic understanding of sexual behavior, defining sexual abuse and actions, towards prevention of the same. 15 schools will be covered under this initiative over the period of next few months. The first of these sessions was held at Andhra School, Deccan Gymkhana on 15th February 2019 and encompassed educating 60 students of 4th and 8th standard. The sessions are tailored to cater to two different age groups, i.e. 12 years of age or below and above 12 years of age.
Nipun Kaushal, Chief Marketing Officer, PNB MetLife said, “We are happy to launch two important CSR initiatives in Pune – the Stop SARAM initiative addresses a critical issue on spreading awareness on sexual harassment and abuse of children, and through our partnership with Paraplegic Rehabilitation Center, we are providing financial assistance to the Para Badminton players and children of two paraplegic soldiers, so that they can complete their higher studies and become financially independent.”
The other initiatives under Damini include - Girl child education, Menstrual health and hygiene awareness and Bringing financial empowerment to rural women by providing them with skills to be self- reliant & financially independent. During the current financial year, PNB MetLife has benefitted the communities through the following CSR activities –
- Education: PNB MetLife in partnership with Nanhi Kali, supports the education of 2000 children at Moga (Punjab) and Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh).
- Skill Development and Financial Inclusion: The Company in partnership with Drishtee NGO supports a livelihood program - ‘Sakhi Swavalamban’, where skill development training and financial literacy awareness programs are being conducted for 500 women from 35 villages across the Varanasi district.
- Health and Hygiene: PNB MetLife has partnered with Goonj NGO to spread awareness on menstrual health and hygiene among 6000 women across Kolar (Karnataka) and Udaipur (Rajasthan).
- Junior Badminton Championship (JBC) – The Company in association with CRY is providing training to 100 selected children from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata to participate in the upcoming Badminton Championship – JBC 5. Further, the top 32 children from the JBC 5 tournament will be provided with one-year scholarships (including training, nutrition and kits) to pursue Badminton.
About PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited (PMLI)
PMLI's shareholders include MetLife International Holdings Inc. (MIHI), Punjab National Bank Limited (PNB), Jammu & Kashmir Bank Limited (JKB), M. Pallonji and Company Private Limited and other private investors, with MIHI and PNB being the majority shareholders. PMLI is one of the top 10 private life insurance companies in India based on total new business premium in Fiscal 2018 and are growing rapidly with a compounded annual growth rate of 19.85% in total new business premium from Fiscal 2015 to Fiscal 2018, according to CRISIL (CRISIL Research, "Analysis of Life Insurance Industry in India", July 10, 2018).
For more information, visit www.pnbmetlife.com
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited | Registered Office: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka or write to us at: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203 | IRDAI Regn No: 117 |CI No.: U66010KA2001PLC028883
*Information is as of December 31, 2017, and source: CRISIL