Perspective on Retirement Planning
PNB MetLife India 29-09-2016 01:07:08 PM
People’s take on retirement lies broadly two outlooks - some look forward to it while the rest dread the thought of not having anything to occupy them. Either way, one thing is certain- retirement involves a significant drop in income, without a corresponding drop in expenses. This requires everyone to plan their retirement so as to avoid a finance crunch. Read More
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you plan for your retirement:
- Save early: The early bird catches the worm, is an old saying that applies to everything including retirement planning. By beginning to save early and being systematic about it, not only do you rack up funds for your golden years, but also do it without stress.
- Know your needs: A comfortable retirement plan accounts for multiple elements including your standard of living. Experts estimate that you will need at least 70 percent of your preretirement income to maintain your standard of living when you stop working. Yes, retirement does not mean free living.
- Employer’s Retirement Savings Plan: If your place of employment offers an Employer’s Retirement Savings Plan or Pension Plans, it would be in your best interest to opt for them. Tax deductions, and accrued interests over time make such schemes extremely beneficial in the long run.
- Keep basic investment principles in mind: Today, there are multiple avenues for investment that are open. It is important to choose the right one that is best suited to your needs. Inflation and the type of investments you make play an important role in how much you will save towards retirement. Remember to not put all your eggs in one basket. So diversify your investment portfolio.
- Don’t dip into your retirement savings: Retirement savings should be there to stay. If you withdraw from your savings account, you lose out on principle, interest and tax benefits, and even bear withdrawal penalties.
There are many important elements that are to be kept in mind while planning for your retirement, for you to have that perfect retired life. It is important to remember that these 5 tips will go a long way in making that task that much easier.
The aforesaid article presents the view or an independent writer who is an expert on financial and insurance matters. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. doesn’t influence or support views of the writer of the article in any way. The article is informative in nature and PNB MetLife and/ or the writer of the article shall not be responsible for any direct/ indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any decisions based on the contents and information given in article. Please consult your financial advisor/ insurance advisor/ before making any decision.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited, Registered office address: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka.
IRDAI Registration Number 117. CI No: U66010KA2001PLC028883. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding the sale.
The marks “PNB” and “MetLife” are registered trademarks of Punjab National Bank and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, respectively. PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited is a licensed user of these marks.
Call us Toll-free at 1-800-425-6969. Phone: 080-66006969, Website: www.pnbmetlife.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Write to us: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062, Maharashtra. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS/FRAUD PHONE CALLS!
• IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.