Tax Planning Tips for Salaried Employees
PNB MetLife India 03-01-2017 12:31:44 PM
No one wants to hand over money that they’ve earned over to anyone else. You deserve what you’ve worked for. Here are some easy ways to make sure that your salary stays with you and doesn’t get turned over as tax to the government.Read More
- Take a good look at Section 80C: This section gives enough leeway to employees to reduce their tax liability. By taking a good long look at this section, individuals can formulate ways to increase take-home salary and legally reduce taxed amount.
- Make proper investment plans: By investing on Life Insurance plans, savings plans and Public Provident Funds (PPFs) you can claim tax exemptions on legal grounds. Investment plans also depend on personal financial goals, risk profile, and personal income. However, you should consult a financial planner on this matter before you make a final decision yourself. Tools such as the Life Insurance Calculators should come in handy here.
- Make the most of secondary options: Options such as tax-savings mutual funds and ULIPs are excellent ways of saving tax, if you are the risk taking type. If not, PPFs and NSCs are also viable options. Even pension plans qualify for tax exemptions.
- Take a Home Loan – By taking a Home Loan you can claim tax exemption by providing documents of proof regarding principle repayment of the loan.
The aforesaid article presents the view or an independent writer who is an expert on financial and insurance matters. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. doesn’t influence or support views of the writer of the article in any way. The article is informative in nature and PNB MetLife and/ or the writer of the article shall not be responsible for any direct/ indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any decisions based on the contents and information given in article. Please consult your financial advisor/ insurance advisor/ before making any decision.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited, Registered office address: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka.
IRDAI Registration Number 117. CI No: U66010KA2001PLC028883. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding the sale.
The marks “PNB” and “MetLife” are registered trademarks of Punjab National Bank and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, respectively. PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited is a licensed user of these marks.
Call us Toll-free at 1-800-425-6969. Phone: 080-66006969, Website: www.pnbmetlife.com, Email: email@example.com or Write to us: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062, Maharashtra. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS/FRAUD PHONE CALLS!
• IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.