Why is Retirement Planning essential?
PNB MetLife India 29-09-2016 01:07:08 PM
Indians have warmed up to the idea of retirement in the past decade or so. Today, many individuals opt for a voluntary retirement to pursue other interests and lead a relaxed phase in the autumn of their lives. Sounds rosy, isn’t it? Read More
But, to live a smooth after retirement life, one needs to carefully strategize their retirement planning.
Here are reasons why retirement planning in India is pretty essential during the early years:
- Longer life expectancy: Better healthcare and medical help is a prime reason why our generation will live longer. But, with advanced medical facilities, one needs to chalk out a proper plan to sustain the health expenses in the long run.
- Pension: Retirement planning in India is essential as pension earned by a person from an employer or a government organisation is likely to fall short for a good retired life. Individuals also opt for pension plans with their retirement scheme to boost their pension.
- Nuclear setups: Today, more families are choosing the nuclear way of living and this also reflects in the post retirement living patterns of most individuals. To support an independent lifestyle post retirement, you must have your retirement financial planning in place.
- Financial independence: Nowadays individuals after retirement, plan to be financially independent. While individuals may choose to contribute to their child’s expenses or family contributions, they might also choose to start a new venture in this new phase of life.
- Retirement goals: Everyone dreams of amazing things to do after retirement! After working all your life, individuals have goals etched out to fulfil all their desires of pursuing hobbies, taking holidays, starting a business etc.
In short, your retirement needs to be sketched out with a wise plan that shelters your requirements and addresses your desires enough for you to be carefree. Keeping the above pointers in mind, it is wise to seek assistance from a financial planner before investing in a retirement plan.
The aforesaid article presents the view or an independent writer who is an expert on financial and insurance matters. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. doesn’t influence or support views of the writer of the article in any way. The article is informative in nature and PNB MetLife and/ or the writer of the article shall not be responsible for any direct/ indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any decisions based on the contents and information given in article. Please consult your financial advisor/ insurance advisor/ before making any decision.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited, Registered office address: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka.
IRDAI Registration Number 117. CI No: U66010KA2001PLC028883. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding the sale.
The marks “PNB” and “MetLife” are registered trademarks of Punjab National Bank and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, respectively. PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited is a licensed user of these marks.
Call us Toll-free at 1-800-425-6969. Phone: 080-66006969, Website: www.pnbmetlife.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Write to us: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062, Maharashtra. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS/FRAUD PHONE CALLS!
• IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.