3 Things To Know When Creating A Financial Plan
PNB MetLife 15-11-2016 02:54:11 PM
In the policy the investment risk in the investment portfolio is borne by the policyholder
Unlike a pure insurance policy, a Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP) gives investors the benefits of both insurance and investment under a single integrated plan. While it is extremely beneficial to fulfil both goals at once, there are a few things an investor must consider when selecting the plan that works best for them. Read More
Here are some factors that might influence your decision:
- Know your risk appetite: This investment risk of a ULIP is borne entirely by the policyholder and will need to be monitored actively. Thus, it’s important to determine your risk appetite and financial needs before selecting your plan. ULIPs come with a range of fund options to choose from depending on your propensity to take risks. Ranging between aggressive and conservative, ULIP options cater to a variety of appetites.
- Costs involved in ULIPs: It’s important to pre-emptively determine what expenses are involved in the ULIP you select. Things to consider: administration charges (usually deducted on a monthly basis), mortality charges (a variable cost towards providing life insurance cover) and fund management charges (generally in the range of 0.5% to 2%).
- ULIPs also offer fantastic tax savings on withdrawals that are unavailable to mutual fund investors. Withdrawals may occur on occasion of: a.) Death of the policyholder b.) Maturity of the policy c.) Partial withdrawal at the discretion of the policyholder.
- Separate investments in life insurance and mutual funds would ideally help you enjoy good returns, assured protection and attractive tax savings. However, striking the right balance between the two is tough. That is why; investing in a ULIP plan can help you enjoy the benefits of both these products in one shot.
The aforesaid article presents the view or an independent writer who is an expert on financial and insurance matters. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. doesn’t influence or support views of the writer of the article in any way. The article is informative in nature and PNB MetLife and/ or the writer of the article shall not be responsible for any direct/ indirect loss or liability incurred by the reader for taking any decisions based on the contents and information given in article. Please consult your financial advisor/ insurance advisor/ before making any decision.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited, Registered office address: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka.
IRDAI Registration Number 117. CI No: U66010KA2001PLC028883. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding the sale.
The marks “PNB” and “MetLife” are registered trademarks of Punjab National Bank and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, respectively. PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited is a licensed user of these marks.
Call us Toll-free at 1-800-425-6969. Phone: 080-66006969, Website: www.pnbmetlife.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Write to us: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062, Maharashtra. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS/FRAUD PHONE CALLS!
• IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.