Why you need to let go of that sugary drink right now
GOQii 17-02-2016 02:26:08 PM
Sugar drinks to the world is what Disneyland is for small kids. The more we get it is less. However, like every addiction, sugary drinks comes with numerous health hazards because of which it has been kept under the radar by every health association across globe. If you look at the matter closely, you would realise that not only the health associations but, even we should keep our hands of sugary drinks. Sugar drinks are all about sugar & chemicals with usually zero nutritional value. Even the diet versions of all sugar drinks are extremely unhealthy.
If the above mentioned facts aren’t convincing enough, we have compiled some real eye-opening facts that can persuade you to break this habit as soon as possible. Read More
- Sugar drink causes cancer
Many studies conducted across the globe has linked various types of cancer associated with consumption of sugary drinks. Studies suggest:
- Consumption of two sugary drinks a week drastically increases the production of insulin by the pancreas, which increases your chances of developing pancreatic cancer.
- One sugary drink a day can increase a man’s chance of developing prostate cancer by approximately 40%
- Chemicals used at add colour to sugary drinks can lead to cancer
- Sugary drink causes heart diseases
Studies conducted in America have found a strong connection between calories found in food loaded with added sugars to death caused due to cardiovascular complications. Studies claim that drinking 3 cans of sugar drinks can increase your risk of heart diseases by 3 times.
- Sugary drink leads to diabetes
Sugar drinks have been associated with increase in cases of Type2 diabetes. Study conducted from year 1990 to 2000 have shown that the increase in consumption of sugar drinks have led to 1, 30,000 fresh cases of diabetes.
- Sugar drinks causes liver damage
Consumption of sugar drinks causes fatty liver disease. Two cans a day can do irreparable damage to your liver.
- Sugar drinks causes premature birth in pregnant women
A study conducted in Denmark on 60,000 women has warned pregnant women from indulging in diet sugar drinks. Women who drank sweetened soft drinks were found to give birth topremature babies. It was concluded that the chemicals present in artificial sweetener changed the wombs of women.
- Sugar drinks disrupts your brain activity
Sugary drinks not only affect your body, but it also alters the protein levels in your brain. Excess consumption of sugar drinks can lead to hyperactivity and anxiety.
- Sugar drinks causes premature aging
Majority of sugar drinks contain phosphates, which is proven to speed up your ageing process. This not only leads to wrinkles on your face, but also gives birth to variety of health complications that come with age like chronic kidney diseases & cardiovascular calcification.