Health Insurance against unexpected medical expenses
PNB MetLife 12-09-2016 12:08:06 PM
Given today’s constantly changing lifestyle all of us are susceptible to complex health issues. An unexpected health problem in the family leads to an increase in medical expenditure. In such a scenario, the paucity of funds often leads to borrowing or selling off assets to cover the expenses incurred. Read More
Unexpected expenses can be either be an emergency hospitalization due to accident or illness. The innumerable tests and other medical expenses required can play havoc with your family budget. Therefore it is wise to have a suitable health insurance plan which ensures that you are covered for such unexpected expenses and get the best treatment for your family.
A Health Insurance Plan in India should include the following:
- Adequate cover – A comprehensive health insurance plan should ensure that the sum insured or the lump sum should take into consideration the growing inflation and its effect on health expenses
- Family cover – It is always advisable to go in for a plan that includes your immediate family
- Cashless payments – This secures you against hospitalization without any cash requirements from your end. The insurance company would make direct payments to the hospital
- Post recovery care– This takes care of any medical requirements after the hospitalization term is over
- Additional benefits – Some plans offer you a top up, which you can only make use of once you incur a certain amount of expenses towards hospitalization from your pocket or any other health insurance plan
To conclude, a health insurance cover is designed to take care of any unforeseen health care and hospitalization requirements. Thus investing in a health cover guards us against any financial calamity which may arise due to health related issues.
The aforesaid article presents the view of an independent writer who is an expert on financial and insurance matters. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. doesn’t influence or support views of the writer of the article in any way. The article is informative in nature and PNB MetLife and/ or the writer of the article shall not be responsible for any direct/ indirect loss or liability or medical complications incurred by the reader for taking any decisions based on the contents and information given in article. Please consult your financial advisor/ insurance advisor/ health advisor before making any decision.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited, Registered office address: Unit No. 701, 702 & 703, 7th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers, 26/27 M G Road, Bangalore -560001, Karnataka.
IRDAI Registration Number 117. CI No: U66010KA2001PLC028883.
For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the respective sales brochure carefully before concluding any sale. Terms and Conditions Apply. Goods and service Tax (GST) shall be levied as per the prevailing tax laws which are subject to change from time.
The marks “PNB” and “MetLife” are registered trademarks of Punjab National Bank and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, respectively. PNB MetLife India Insurance Company Limited is a licensed user of these marks.
Call us Toll-free at 1-800-425-6969. Phone: 080-66006969, Website: www.pnbmetlife.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Write to us: 1st Floor, Techniplex -1, Techniplex Complex, Off Veer Savarkar Flyover, Goregaon (West), Mumbai – 400062, Maharashtra. Phone: +91-22-41790000, Fax: +91-22-41790203
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS/FRAUD PHONE CALLS!
• IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums. Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.